Services, Resources and Programs at Your Library
- Annual 24 Hour Read-a-Thon
- Art Exhibits
- Book Discussions
- Book Fairs
- Book Signings
- City Maps
- Community Meeting Rooms
- Community Outreach (Homebound, Health Care/Senior Center, Local Motels)
- Community Service
- Computer & Internet Access
- Copies/Faxes and a Public Typewriter
- Field Trips/Tours
- Friends Mystery Night Dinner
- Friends of the Library
- Genealogical Research Materials and Monthly Genealogy Meetings More/Less Information
Monthly Genealogy Meetings
Our genealogy discussion group meets once a month. These meetings occur on the second Saturday of the month, except for August which occurs on the first Saturday, and the meetings take place downstairs in our genealogy department. The monthly meetings are at 2 PM. You can also find the Genealogy Group on facebook. Just look for GENEALOGY at the Haysville Community Library.
This list will be updated if timing happens to change.
2014 Meeting Dates
- Saturday, August 2, 2014
- Saturday, September 13, 2014
- Saturday, October 11, 2014
- Saturday, November 8, 2014
- Saturday, December 13, 2014
Ancestry.com Library Edition
The Haysville Community Library has free access to the library edition of Ancestry.com for all of our patrons in the library. This subscription is funded through donations and through fundraisers put together by our genealogy department. This will be the third year our library will have the Ancestry.com library edition available for our patrons and each year the price goes up. The library always appreciates any donations or help with fundraisers. Questions should be directed at Alicia at the Haysville Community Library 524-5242.
- Interlibrary Loans (Borrow Materials from Anywhere in the
State) More/Less Information
For your convenience you can download and print out our Interlibrary Loan Form from anywhere and then bring it into the library to turn in. We are not currently accepting any other form of submission of the form, such as by e-mail. Interlibrary Loan Form
- Kansas Library Cards More/Less Information
Kansas Library CardFrom the Kansas Library Network Board:
"With the new Kansas Library Card you can login to selected online resources from any computer with access to the World Wide Web. To apply for a Kansas Library Card, visit your local library or school, or contact your regional library system. Once you have a Kansas Library Card, you can log on with your PIN and birthdate at KSLC. The Kansas Library Card is provided free of charge to Kansas residents by the Kansas Library Network Board, the Kansas State Library, and the University of Kansas Medical Center."
Questions?Call the Kansas Library Network Board
Some of the services accessible through KSLC:
- EBSCOhost Research Databases
- Newspaper Source Plus
- eBooks (OneClickdigital, Kansas EZ Library, Tumblebooks for Kids, and more.)
- Kansas Library Catalog
- Heritage Quest
- Mango Language Courses
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online
- Auto Repair Reference
- Varias bases de datos disponibles en español.
- Large Print Materials
- Learn-A-Test Online Test Preparation (Prep
for GED, ACT, ASVAB, etc.) More/Less Information
Learn-A-Test Online Test Prep
Learn-A-Test offers preparation for hundreds of different major tests, civil service exams, and basic skills.
Use the following link to sign up and log into Learning Express Library.
- Low Cost Computer Classes More/Less Information
- Classes are held in the computer lab at the Haysville Community Library.
- Number of sessions varies based on the class. Day of the week and time vary by class.
- Cost for each class varies.
- Advance registration is required, and because class size is limited, payment must be made immediately. Registration will open at least two weeks before the first session for each class.
- Any changes will be posted here, and available in print at the Library.
We currently do not have any classes in the works. If you would like to be notified when new classes are scheduled, please call, email or stop by the Library to be added to our Computer Class mailing list.
- Notary Public
- Paperback Exchange
- Permits for City-Wide Garage Sale/Clean Up
- Quilting Club
- Reading Tutor More/Less Information
Need Help with Reading?
Tutor Jim Thorsteenberg is willing and able to tutor all ages in reading. Jim is a retired Teacher and Stock Broker who believes reading is the Key to Success!
- Rotating Book Collection with SCKLS
- Salem Health Online Database
- Social & Rehabilitation Services Access Point (Forms Available)
Storytime is an interactive program for children. Caregivers are not required to attend, but are asked to stay in the building. (Toddler aged children require a caregiver.)
There is no cost to join.
Storytime is held on Tuesdays at 10:30 AM.
Starting July 17th there will be an evening Storytime on Thursdays at 5:30 PM.
Starting July 19th there will be a weekend Storytime on Saturdays at 10:30 AM.
- Summer Reading, Workshops, and Entertainment for All Ages
- Tax Forms
- Test Proctoring
- USD 261 Haysville Alternative High School Library
- Voter Registration and Polling